Saturday, April 2, 2011

Star struck...

Almost 15 years ago (in what almost seems like another life) I was the Editor-In-Chief of my high school news magazine. Writing was my passion and without a doubt I knew I wanted to pursue journalism as a career. As we all know, things change, and long story short, I ended working on the business side of magazines for nearly a decade before starting Bump Club and Beyond.

Even though I wasn't writing, magazines and the printed word remained my passion. Having the unopened box of magazines fresh from the printer delivered to my desk before they hit newsstand never lost its luster. "What's your point?" I am sure you are asking....

To me, the Editors of the magazines that I read are celebrities. I spend a lot of time with them and their publications every month. Over the years I have looked to the Editors of many of my favorite publications as good friends---they do give me good advice, right? So when Peg Moline, Editor-In-Chief of FitPregnancy walked into our Buyer's Guide event last Thursday night, I admittedly was star struck--and I told her so. I have read every word in every issue of hers since I found out I was pregnant over fifteen months ago. Not only was I meeting her, but she was speaking at OUR event AND I had the honor of introducing her.

Peg lived up and exceeded every expectation that I had about her. She is personable, honest and funny. I now know why I love FitPregnancy as much as I do---Peg's philosophy is one I try to capture at all of our events: WHATEVER WORKS BEST FOR YOU. I think those words came out of her mouth at least five times on Thursday night. In the few moments I spent with her, I know that she means them.

Peg told me that she loved the event and had so much fun. I've already asked her to come back, and next time we will make it even bigger than last week! For the 100 or so of you that were lucky enough to see, meet, and interact with Peg last week---I truly hope that you felt the same way I did. For those of you who were not able to attend---I highly recommend picking up the latest issue of the magazine so that you can see for yourself. I promise, you won't be disappointed. Happy reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment